[Humanist] 23.771 publications: Web history; digital classics; documentary editing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Apr 24 09:15:25 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Willard McCarty" <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>        (37)
        Subject: Digital Research in the Study of Classical Antiquity

  [2]   From:    "Willard McCarty" <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>        (34)
        Subject: book on Web history

  [3]   From:    Amanda Gailey <amanda.gailey at gmail.com>                   (61)
        Subject: Call for Editions

        Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:21:00 +0100 (BST)
        From: "Willard McCarty" <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

> Subject: Book Review Offer: Digital Research in the Study of
Classical Antiquity
> From:    "mlazenby at Ashgatepublishing.com"
<mlazenby at Ashgatepublishing.com>
> Date:    Wed, April 21, 2010 11:11 am

Dear Editor

Ashgate is about to publish a book which may be of interest to your
readers:

Digital Research in the Study of Classical Antiquity
Edited by Gabriel Bodard, King's College, London, UK and Simon
Mahony, University College London, UK
978-0-7546-7773-4

This book explores the challenges and opportunities presented to
Classical scholarship by digital practice and resources. Drawing on
the expertise of a community of scholars who use innovative methods
and technologies, it shows that traditionally rigorous scholarship
is as central to digital research as it is to mainstream Classical
Studies. This volume exemplifies the collaborative and
interdisciplinary nature at the heart of Classical Studies.
http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9780754677734

Review copies are available. To obtain one please reply giving
details of your journal and the address to which the book should be
sent. We would be pleased to receive a copy of the review in due
course, either hard copy or electronic copy (pdf preferred) as is
convenient to you.

Yours sincerely

Maureen Lazenby

Mrs M I Lazenby
Marketing
Ashgate Publishing Ltd
Wey Court East, Union Road, Farnham, GU9 7PT.
www.ashgate.com http://www.ashgate.com/
e-mail:mlazenby at ashgatepublishing.com

Ashgate Publishing Group
Wey Court East, Union Road, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7PT, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1252 736600 or +44 (0)1252 331551 Fax +44 (0)1252 736736
Visit Our Website: www.ashgate.com