[Humanist] 23.752 meaning by images

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 8 15:23:23 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Charles van den Heuvel"                                  (77)
                <charles.vandenheuvel at vks.knaw.nl>
        Subject: RE: [Humanist] 23.749 meaning by images; Recaptcha

  [2]   From:    Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de                 (11)
        Subject: [Humanist] 23.747 transposition of meaning by images?

        Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:32:22 +0200
        From: "Charles van den Heuvel" <charles.vandenheuvel at vks.knaw.nl>

Dear Susan
A colleague of mine, Sarah De Rijcke came up with this suggestion:

The first reference that comes to my mind is Bolter & Grusin's _Remediation. Understanding new media._ It deals with the constant remediation of older media in newer media, and also aptly analyses the consequences of 'windowed' viewing of and interaction with visual images on the web.

Best wishes,

Charles

Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)
Virtual Knowledge Studio for Humanities and Social Sciences
Dr. Charles van den Heuvel
Cruquiusweg 31
1019 AT Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-8500283 Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
charles.vandenheuvel at vks.knaw.nl
Monday and Tuesday + 31-(0)43-3101455

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Jeff Drouin <jdrouin at gc.cuny.edu>                         (55)