[Humanist] 23.404 digital preservation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Oct 31 09:40:12 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:54:23 -0400
        From: Matthew Kirschenbaum <mkirschenbaum at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 23.400 preservation of MOOs?

Francois,

While we don't have any MOOs in our current case set, you might be
interested in the Preserving Virtual Worlds project:

http://pvw.illinois.edu/pvw/

MOOs and MUDs are the natural transition between text-based
interactive fiction and the MMORPGs of today. It's likely we'll tackle
them at some point, in a future round of funding. Matt

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Humanist Discussion Group