[Humanist] 23.372 jobs in Bergen

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 15 07:49:07 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Matthew Kirschenbaum <mkirschenbaum at gmail.com>            (37)
        Subject: post-doctoral position with Software Studies, UCSD +
                University of Bergen

  [2]   From:    Knut Hofland <Knut.Hofland at aksis.uib.no>                  (41)
        Subject: JOB: Research positions available at Unifob AKSIS in
                Bergen,Norway

        Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:13:37 -0400
        From: Matthew Kirschenbaum <mkirschenbaum at gmail.com>
        Subject: post-doctoral position with Software Studies, UCSD + University of Bergen

====
Information and application:
https://secure.jobbnorge.no/Job.aspx?jobid=61657

Note: if you get a page in Norwegian, click on "English" at the bottom
of the page to switch to English version
====

        Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:16:19 +0200 (CEST)
        From: Knut Hofland <Knut.Hofland at aksis.uib.no>
        Subject: JOB: Research positions available at Unifob AKSIS in Bergen,Norway

Research positions available at Unifob AKSIS in Bergen, Norway

Unifob (www.unifob.uib.no) is a research company with over 500 research staff
from more than 30 nations and a turnover of NOK 450 million (ca. 50 million
Euro). Unifob's majority owner is the University of Bergen. Unifob conducts R&D
in the areas of health, language and information technology, marine biology,
environment, climate, petroleum, and the social sciences.

Unifob AKSIS, with its 30 employees, is the smallest of the nine R&D
departments. AKSIS' current research areas (computational and corpus
linguistics, language testing, electronic publishing, digital media, and
e-learning) have evolved over more than 30 years through projects and
cooperation with national and international research institutions. We are now
expanding our activities and announce several new positions in ICT and its
creative use, e.g., data mining, gaming, Web 2.0, education, linguistics,
health, mobile applications, and HCI. We encourage interdisciplinary work and
are ideally looking for candidates who envisage working at the intersection
with our current research areas.

Candidates

- with minimum 3 years of experience in academia or industry after completion of a PhD,
- with a proven research record, - with experience in project management, and
- with an interest in building up and leading a research group to international level

are invited to apply. Engagements can be full or part-time and are initially
limited to two years. Relocation within the first two years is not required.
Working language is English or Norwegian.

We offer a competitive salary, extensive social benefits, a cooperative and
international working environment, and we're located near the prize winning
fjords of Western Norway. Positions remain open until filled.

For more information please consult www.aksis.uib.no or contact Research
Director Dr. Eli Hagen (eli.hagen at aksis.uib.no, +47 55 58 29 48). Please send
application (cover letter, CV, and publication list) electronically to
post at aksis.uib.no.

(published October 2009)

Knut Hofland,                     |  Knut.Hofland at aksis.uib.no
special consultant,               |  http://www.aksis.uib.no
UNIFOB Aksis,                     |  Phone: +47 5558 9463
Allegt. 27, N-5007 Bergen, Norway |  Fax:   +47 5558 9470

//:: In November 2009, Unifob will change its name to
Uni Research and Unifob AKSIS will change to Uni Digital. Unifob AKSIS is a
department of the research company Unifob. Unifob AKSIS conducts R&D in
computational linguistics, language testing, electronic publishing, digital
media, and technology-enhanced learning. :://