[Humanist] 23.350 claiming interdisciplinarity

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 6 10:37:24 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Michael S. Hart" <hart at pobox.com>                         (9)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 23.346 claiming interdisciplinarity

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (27)
        Subject: impossible!

        Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 05:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
        From: "Michael S. Hart" <hart at pobox.com>

Marvin Minsky, sometimes regarded as the smartest person alive,
in the following quotation very solidly supports ideas/ideals a
person might well regard as "individual interdisciplnarity:"

"You don't understand anything
until you learn it more than one way."

Having only one point of view seems very narrow minded when
viewed in the context of those who have more than one.

There are plenty of examples available.

Michael S. Hart