[Humanist] 23.343 computing and the arts

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Oct 4 10:31:30 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:46:48 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: humanities computing and the arts

Some of us here have from time to time, or more steadily, walked the
bridge between humanities computing and the arts, and the crafts, or
been where the distinction vanishes. In the latest issue of the London
Review of Books, for 8 October 2009, the English artist Bridget Riley,
in "At the End of My Pencil", provides a way into the sort of thinking
and talking which seems just right for the territory. I quote here from
the first two paragraphs of her article, though the whole of it is
online (www.lrb.co.uk/v31/n19/print/rile03_.html):