[Humanist] 23.469 filtering out unwanted messages

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 30 07:33:00 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 06:32:11 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: unwanted messages

Dear colleagues,

The amount of spam sent to Humanist has reached the level at which I am
moved to engage the automatic filters provided by the list-processing
software we use. To date these filters have not been used. If, starting
now, you notice that any message you send does not get posted, please
let me know. I have no idea how good these filters are at weeding out
only what we do not want, so I do need you to be particularly alert to
the fate of your own postings for the next little while.

Many thanks.