[Humanist] 23.454 events: who am I? web services; workshops at DH2010

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 23 08:48:02 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        From: Humanist Discussion Group <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Bradley, John" <john.bradley at kcl.ac.uk>                  (29)
        Subject: DH2010: expressions of interest in giving a workshop

  [2]   From:    Charles Ess <cmess at drury.edu>                             (78)
        Subject: Call for Papers

        Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:38:07 +0000
        From: "Bradley, John" <john.bradley at kcl.ac.uk>

Pre-conference workshops at DH2010
Expressions of Interest and Proposals

As in previous years, the days 3-6 July, before the DH2010 conference
(7-11 July at King's College London) have been set aside for community-run
workshops. One can reach a diverse and committed body of participants in
the Digital Humanities at DH2010. Do you or your project have a workshop
up your sleeve that would interest this Digital Humanities community?

Half- or one-day slots are available for workshops, which need to be
self-organized and self-funding. KCL can provide space for the workshop
at no or low cost, so it is likely that the costs per participant would be low.

We would like to receive proposals for such workshops.

In your full proposal (total 500-800 words), please include:

(1) a brief description of the workshop programme, the project or
community out of which it arises, and the trainers who will run the
workshop,and its proposed length;

(2) what is the demand for this workshop, and who do you expect the
audience to be?  What minimum number of attendees would be needed
for you to do the workshop?

(3) what funding is available or will you seek to help to support the
costs of this workshop (for instance, travel for trainers, lunch or
refreshments for participants, as applicable)?

A few groups have already expressed interest in running workshops, and
we have been talking informally with them. If you have ideas that is
not yet fully formed, we would be delighted to e-speak to you about them
before you submit a proposal.

The closing date for full proposals will be 31 December 2009. Please send
them via email to either of us.

         John Bradley (john.bradley at kcl.ac.uk) and Gabriel Bodard (gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk).