[Humanist] 23.431 jobs at Michigan

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Nov 12 07:43:22 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 00:43:40 -0600
        From: Sara Schmidt <saschmidt8 at gmail.com>
        Subject: 3 Faculty positions at School of Information at the University of Michigan

*Information Science:* The School of Information at the University of
Michigan seeks three (3) outstanding faculty candidates.

One targeted position is in Digital Environments. For that position, we seek
someone whose research and teaching interests are at the intersection of
digital arts and humanities, digital literacies, and social computing.
Research foci should involve arts and humanities scholarship, scholars, or
content and can be in a variety of areas, such as (but not limited to)
virtual collaboration, credibility, and/or digital curation. This position
is at the assistant professor level.

A second targeted position is in Information and Communication Technology
for Development (ICT4D). For that position, we seek someone with research
and teaching interests including some combination of information system
design, computer-supported cooperative work, environmental informatics,
communication studies, development policy and sociology, anthropology,
and/or a related field applicable to the design and study of information
systems for developing-world contexts. This position is at the assistant
professor level.

For the third position, we aspire to establish and reinforce areas of
excellence and seek faculty whose research interests complement and extend
our existing strengths. This position is open rank.

We encourage you to learn more about the School, its mission, and its
activities at http://www.si.umich.edu. Detailed information on the three
positions and how to apply may be found at:
http://www.si.umich.edu/about-SI/faculty-postings.htm. Applications will be
considered on a rolling basis until positions are filled; however,
candidates for assistant professor positions are strongly encouraged to
complete applications by November 25, 2009. All candidates should have
completed or be nearing completion of a Ph.D. in a relevant field, and be
committed to working in an interdisciplinary environment. The University of
Michigan is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.