[Humanist] 23.417 devices, MOOs and radio

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 6 07:11:30 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Neven Jovanovic <filologanoga at gmail.com>                  (22)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 23.414 regeneration through radio

  [2]   From:    "Maurizio Lana" <m.lana at lett.unipmn.it>                   (31)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 23.407 devices prior to uses?

  [3]   From:    "Cogdill, Sharon E." <SCogdill at stcloudstate.edu>           (9)
        Subject: Preservation of MOOs

        Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:18:39 +0100
        From: Neven Jovanovic <filologanoga at gmail.com>

Francois,

with less than elementary knowledge of electronics, I see not three,
but four activities in the passage you quoted (Willard also hinted at
it in choosing the title). Activity coming immediately after detection
--- in parallel with it? --- would be regeneration, i. e.
interpretation. So we select, and find meaning, and amplify it enough
--- making it the center of our research, I guess --- to be
transmitted towards other "receivers".

Now, how does it fit into institutional models and flowcharts which
seem to be the backbone of the neighbouring thread on devices and
uses? Are the four activities compartmentalized? Should they be?

Neven