[Humanist] 22.737 Digital Humanities conference bids

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed May 6 07:58:06 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 19:53:43 -0500
        From: John Unsworth <john.m.unsworth at gmail.com>
        Subject: Conference bids

Hello,

  The Alliance for Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) represents
three organizations (The Association for Literary and Linguistic
Computing, The Association for Computers and the Humanities, and the
Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias
interactifs) who sponsor an annual conference, Digital Humanities
[year].  This year's iteration of that conference is at the University
of Maryland:

http://www.mith2.umd.edu/dh09/

Every year, the ADHO steering committee entertains proposals for
conferences two years in the future.  This year, we solicit bids for
Digital Humanities 2011, a conference that is likely to take place in
North America.   Those interested in considering a bid are advised to
consider the following documents:

Guidelines for submitters and reviewers: http://digitalhumanities.org/adho/archive/submitters_reviewers.html

Conference protocol: http://digitalhumanities.org/view/Adho/ConferenceProtocol

Conference Annex: http://digitalhumanities.org/view/Adho/ConferenceAnnex

As chair of the ADHO Conference Coordinating Committee, I am available
to consult with anyone who would like to submit a bid: please contact
me at unsworth at illinois.edu

Note that bids need to be presented, in person, to the ADHO Steering
Committee, which will meet in College Park, Maryland, on Saturday,
June 20th, 2009.

John Unsworth