[Humanist] 22.736 controlled vocabularies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed May 6 07:56:34 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 03:19:18 -0700 (PDT)
        From: txt at craigbellamy.net
        Subject: Re: [Humanist]  22.730 controlled vocabularies

Hi John,

By 'controlled vocabulary' if you mean descriptive meta-data, then the
answer is yes it is widely used within institutional repositories (ie.
Dublin Core).

Another type of controlled vocabulary is a methods taxonomy that we have
developed and used for this project.

http://www.arts-humanities.net/ictguides/methods

Also, you may with to look at the work from the repository support
organisations.

http://repinf.pbworks.com/Repository-support-organisations

Best,

Craig Bellamy