[Humanist] 22.631 new on WWW: Ubiquity, on how to speak well

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 18 07:17:14 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:06:02 +0000
        From: ubiquity <ubiquity at HQ.ACM.ORG>
        Subject: UBIQUITY - NEW ISSUE ALERT

This Week in Ubiquity:
March 17 - 23, 2009

UBIQUITY CLASSICS

How to Rapidly Improve Speaking Skills<http://www.acm.org/ubiquity/>

Even as written communication is important, spoken communication has been assuming an increasing role. We are called on to speak in such media as videos, teleconferences, and podcasts.  Our ability to speak clearly is as important as our ability to formulate our arguments concisely and clearly.<br><br>

Phil Yaffe, who has provided advice to Ubiquity readers on how to write clearly and concisely, offers advice on how to speak clearly.

Peter Denning
Editor

Ubiquity welcomes the submissions of articles from everyone interested in the future of information technology.
Everything published in Ubiquity is copyrighted (c)2009 by the ACM and the individual authors.

To submit feedback about ACM Ubiquity, contact ubiquity at acm.org<mailto:ubiquity at acm.org>.