[Humanist] 23.98 events: ambient intelligence

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jun 20 07:21:47 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:55:15 +0100
        From: "list at ami-09.org" <list at ami-09.org>
        Subject: AmI-09: 3rd European Conference on Ambient Intelligence

3rd European Conference on Ambient Intelligence
AmI-09: Roots for the Future of Ambient Intelligence November 18th-21st,
Salzburg, Austria http://www.ami-09.org

4th  Call for Contributions

AmI-09 will bring keynotes, technical papers, workshops, industrial case
studies, posters & demos and panels. As new categories this year we
feature landscapes and  ambient visions to review the current status and
to look into the next decade of Ambient Intelligence.

Prof. Emile Aarts (Philips Research) has agreed to be one of the AmI-09
keynote speakers.

AmI-09 will feature a 10 years anniversary since the term Ambient
Intelligence started to fly around. We explicitly intend to look back
what has been achieved, review existing solutions and identify what will
come. The conference should provide a forum to establish new roads for the
future of Ambient Intelligence.

We are working on special issues in dedicated ambient intelligence
related journals for selected papers from the conference which will be
invited to be published in an extended version after the conference.
Please visit the website for updated information on this.

[...]