[Humanist] 23.177 new text-analytic macros; transcription system

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 21 10:32:02 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "David L. Hoover" <david.hoover at nyu.edu>                  (17)
        Subject: Excel Text-Analysis

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (19)
        Subject: new transcription system

        Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 08:34:16 -0400
        From: "David L. Hoover" <david.hoover at nyu.edu>

As some of you already know, I've been developing some Excel
spreadsheets and macros to perform text analysis. Partly to prepare for
my text-analysis class at this summer's DHSI (http://www.dhsi.org/), I
updated and improved my Delta Spreadsheets and my Zeta and Iota
Spreadsheet. Since than, I have added some additional text-analysis
spreadsheets. The spreadsheets, along with detailed instructions, are
now freely available on a new web site at
https://files.nyu.edu/dh3/public/The%20Excel%20Text-Analysis%20Pages.html

Enjoy,
David Hoover

--
          David L. Hoover, Professor of English, NYU
       212-998-8832       http://homepages.nyu.edu/~dh3/

    Most of her friends had an anxious, haggard look, . . .
Basil Ransom wondered who they all were; he had a general idea
they were mediums, communists, vegetarians.
           -- Henry James, The Bostonians (1886)