[Humanist] 23.143 programming

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 9 07:23:31 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:24:51 -0400
        From: James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 23.139 programming

Yes, it may refuse to commit, but is it still fun on a date?  I think
the language we use to talk about code in itself creates idea about
the code that are extrinsic to the code.  And our choice of language
is a -choice-: a choice we may not be aware we're making, but still a
choice.

Does code functionally exist until it's been embedded in a single,
particular processing system?

Jim R