[Humanist] 22.464 historical sources for commentary

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 07:39:58 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    ksearsmi <ksearsmi at NCSA.UIUC.EDU>                         (16)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 22.460 N American sources for commentary?

  [2]   From:    "James J. O'Donnell" <jod at georgetown.edu>                  (2)
        Subject: THIMK

  [3]   From:    robert delius royar <r.royar at morehead-st.edu>             (28)
        Subject: Periodicals that I remember

        Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:11:28 -0600
        From: ksearsmi <ksearsmi at NCSA.UIUC.EDU>

Omni (1978-1995 print; -1998 online) would be an especially good place to go, I
would think, for hip but informed commentary on computing and its perceived
futures.  The magazine was a pop science periodical that also ran a high-end
science fiction story each issue.  In complement, its non-fiction offerings
tended to have a futurist / speculative flavor.

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omni_(magazine)

Kelly Searsmith, Ph.D., Assistant Director for Planning and Development, eDREAM
(Emerging Digital Research and Education in Arts Media Institute)
  Independent Scholar, Nineteenth Century British Literature & Culture and the
Fantastic in the Arts
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign / http://www.ncsa.edu/AboutUs/
People/contact.php?id=1151