[Humanist] 22.460 N American sources for commentary?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jan 20 10:27:56 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:22:51 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: N American source for historical commentary on computing?

I would be most grateful for recommendations of specifically North
American periodicals and journals that for the period 1945-1990 would be
likely to yield commentary on computing. Intelligent, insightful
commentary is of course desirable, but I am also very much interested in
the full range of how people in Canada and the U.S. were thinking as
they saw computing rise in prominence and influence. Silly reactions can
in some contexts be as valuable as ones we would at the time tended most to respect.

Many thanks.