[Humanist] 22.448 Day of Digital Humanities Project

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jan 14 08:10:10 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:30:05 -0700
        From: Geoffrey Rockwell <geoffrey.rockwell at ualberta.ca>
        Subject: Day of Digital Humanities Project

Digital Humanists,

On March 18th, 2009, digital humanists from around the world are
planning to collectively document their day, and we are looking for
interested participants!

A Day in the Life of the Digital Humanities (ADLDH) is a community
project that will bring together digital humanists to document what
they do on one day, March 18th. It is an autoethnography project by
digital humanists about the digital humanities. The goal of the
project is to create a web site that weaves together the journals of
the participants into a picture that answers the question, “Just what
do computing humanists really do?” Participants will document their
day through photographs and commentary in a blog-like journal. The
collection of these journals with links, tags, and comments will make
up the final work online.

To participate, please complete the application form by January 30th.
Apply yourself or encourage your colleagues and students to join in.
We will accept reasonable applications that provide different
perspectives on what it is to do computing in the humanities. We are
looking for a diversity of participants from different regions,
backgrounds, roles, and disciplinary perspectives.

More information can be found at: http://tapor.ualberta.ca/taporwiki/index.php/Day_in_the_Life_of_the_Digital_Humanities

Geoffrey Rockwell, Stan Ruecker, Peter Organisciak
University of Alberta