[Humanist] 22.434 scholarship about Google Earth?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jan 9 07:48:52 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 13:10:48 -0800
        From: Ruth Mostern <rmostern at ucmerced.edu>
        Subject: scholarship about google earth?

Dear Humanist Colleagues,

I am looking for references to scholarship about Google Earth.  I am
particularly interested in approaches that are friendly but also measured
and critical.  I would prefer references to articles in peer-reviewed
journals over links to blog posts (though I'll take those too).  Articles
that reference GE applications for historical studies would be nice, but
that's not essential.  If this query results in an extensive bibliography,
I will collate it and re-post it to the list.

Many thanks in advance, and apologies for cross-posting.

Ruth Mostern

_______________________________

Ruth Mostern
Assistant Professor and Founding Faculty
School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
University of California, Merced
http://faculty.ucmerced.edu/rmostern

rmostern at ucmerced.edu
209-228-2961 (office)
209-205-8566 (cell)

Mailing address:  UC Merced SSHA, P.O. Box 2039, Merced, CA 95344
Physical address: 5200 North Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343
Office:  COB 379
Fax:  (209) 228-4007
Skype:  ruth.mostern