[Humanist] 22.575 disciplinary standards in the digital humanities?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Feb 28 07:52:08 GMT 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Brent Nelson <brent.nelson at usask.ca>                      (25)
        Subject: disciplinary standards in digital humanities

  [2]   From:    Allison Muri <allison.muri at usask.ca>                      (37)

        Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:48:10 +0000
        From: Brent Nelson <brent.nelson at usask.ca>

I am drafting language for our departmental standards document that will
explain the nature of digital humanities projects, describe their
particular nature and value, and establish some guidelines for
evaluating and establishing merit, all of this over against the more
standard forms of publication in our discipline.

I know this comes up again and again in discussions at digital
humanities conference, and I know the MLA has tried to tackle this issue
in their 2006 report.  But does anyone know of any particular
documentation that has been put together for departmental, college, or
university standards documents?   Or is there a forum where these sort
of standards have been discussed?

Sincerely hoping for answers,

Brent Nelson

--