[Humanist] 23.253 jobs: pre- & postdocs; fellowship

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 07:24:32 CEST 2009

Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

[1]   From:    Julia Flanders <Julia_Flanders at Brown.edu>                 (22)
Subject: Fellowship in Digital Community History: applications
welcome

[2]   From:    "Brey, Gerhard Andreas" <gerhard.brey at kcl.ac.uk>          (52)
Subject: Predoctoral Fellowship at the MPI for the History of
Science, Berlin

[3]   From:    Ray Siemens <siemens at uvic.ca>                             (41)
Subject: Job Posting: Postdoctoral Fellow in Digital Humanities

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:53:23 -0400
From: Julia Flanders <Julia_Flanders at Brown.edu>
Subject: Fellowship in Digital Community History: applications welcome

Fellowship in Digital Community History - please forward to interested
students and colleagues

Brown University’s Center for Digital Scholarship
<http://dl.lib.brown.edu.revproxy.brown.edu/> (CDS) and the John Nicholas
Brown Center for Public Humanities and Cultural Heritage
<http://www.brown.edu/jnbc (JNBC)> are seeking
individuals to apply for a fellowship to direct the digital aspects of the
Fox Point Community History Project. The digital fellow will work with
faculty and staff in both the CDS and JNBC as well as other Brown faculty
and students undertaking related work to develop an online public history
resource that incorporates oral history, primary documents (photographs,
letters, clippings), geospatial data, documentary film, statistical data and
other materials. This multidimensional, interactive framework will provide
avenues for both scholarly and public engagement. This fellowship is
contingent upon funding from the NEH Fellowships at Digital Humanities
Centers program (http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/fdhc.html

Interested individuals should provide a 2 page curriculum vitae as well as a
statement of interest that provides an overview of relevant experience by
September 5. Please submit applications and/or any questions to Patrick
Yott, Director of the Center for Digital Scholarship, at
Patrick_Yott at brown.edu.

More information at http://proteus.brown.edu/jnbc/819