[Humanist] 23.234 fellowships at Stanford; CPU hours for supercomputing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Aug 19 06:30:42 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Robert Barrick <rbarrick at STANFORD.EDU>                    (16)
        Subject: Stanford Humanities Center 2010-2011 Fellowship
                Opportunities

  [2]   From:    I-CHASS <chass at ncsa.uiuc.edu>                             (11)
        Subject: 2,000,000 CPU Hours to Humanities, Arts, and Social Science
                Projects

        Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 00:44:50 +0100
        From: Robert Barrick <rbarrick at STANFORD.EDU>
        Subject: Stanford Humanities Center 2010-2011 Fellowship Opportunities

We would appreciate if you would share this information with colleagues or others who may be interested:

Announcement of Faculty Fellowship Opportunities
at the
Stanford Humanities Center

External Faculty Fellowships
Fellows are in residence at the Center during the regular academic year (September to June) and participate in the Center's intellectual life, sharing ideas and work in progress with a diverse community of scholars from across the spectrum of academic fields and ranks.  Open to scholars from humanities departments as traditionally defined and to other scholars seriously interested in humanistic issues.
Fellowship term: September 2010 - June 2011
Online application deadline: October 15, 2009

The online application for 2010-2011 faculty fellowships at the Stanford Humanities Center is now available.  Please visit http://shc.stanford.edu/ for complete information and a link to the online application.

Applicants must have a PhD and will normally be at least three years beyond receipt of the degree by the start of the fellowship term.  Fellows are awarded stipends of up to $60,000.  In addition, a housing and moving allowance of up to $15,000 is offered, dependent upon need.

How to Apply: To access the online application or for additional information, please see our website: http://shc.stanford.edu/

Questions?  Please email shc-fellowships at stanford.edu<mailto:shc-fellowships at stanford.edu> or call (650) 723-3054.