[Humanist] 23.226 events: Fall Institute cancelled; cfp for textual scholarship

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Aug 11 09:21:34 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Richard Cunningham <richard.cunningham at acadiau.ca>        (17)
        Subject: FIDLH 2009 cancellation

  [2]   From:    Christian Wittern <cwittern at gmail.com>                    (58)
        Subject: CFP International Symposium "New Directions in Textual
                Scholarship"(Saitama/Tokyo, Japan)

        Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:54:26 -0300
        From: Richard Cunningham <richard.cunningham at acadiau.ca>

To Interested Readers of Humanist,

I'm very sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel the Fall
Institute for Digital Libraries and Humanities for 2009. The
organizers have found that there are too many things working against
the meeting as currently configured and scheduled. We plan to make
this into a more formal, larger conference, with a call for papers and
with workshops clearly demarcated (pre- / post-conference).  We
apologize for not being able to pull this particular rabbit out of our
hat, but in the absence of applied for and hoped for financial
support, the hat was simply too small to produce enough rabbit to feed
this year's set of workshops.  We intend to continue planning for and
improving the configuration of FIDLH so that we will be able to offer
Eastern Canada a viable local venue for discussing and improving our
digital library and humanities projects and skills.

With regrets,

Richard Cunningham      &      Erik Moore
Acadia University                      University of New Brunswick