[Humanist] 22.720 events: On the Human

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Apr 27 07:03:39 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 11:24:20 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: On the human

Dear colleagues,

Allow me to draw your attention to a special online Forum that is part
of the National Humanities Center's project, On the Human,
http://asc.nhc.rtp.nc.us/. The Forum calendar is as follows; I give here
the start-dates for the weeks during which the discussion will be lead
by various people (including me):

March 30, Ian Hacking, "What will commercial genome-reading...do to
middle-class conceptions of personal identity?"
April 13, John Doris, "Do You Know what You're Doing? Maybe Not."
May 11, Willard McCarty, "Who am I computing?"
May 25, Katherine Hayles
June 1, Paul Rabinow
June 22, Joe Carroll
August 3, Tim Lenoir
August 17, Mark Turner
November 23, Patrick Bateson

All discussions are open (everyone is invited to "sympoze"). The Forum
follows from the 3-year series of conferences, Autonomy, Singularity,
Creativity, held 2006-2008, more information about which is given at the
site.