[Humanist] 22.329 software for a digital objects repository

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Nov 15 11:50:43 CET 2008

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:12:17 -0500
        From: jeremy hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist]  22.325 software for a digital objects repository?

I would use Eprints.org .  It is simple to customize(you probably
won't need a programmer, common sense will probably do just fine),
free, and meets the standards.

You'll need a programmer for fedora, I've not used Contentdm because
it's not free.  I've used dspace.org software and it is pretty
standard if labor intensive to customize.

I've never heard of stellant, but i checked it out on http://www.cmsmatrix.org/
  and it seems fairly normal.  If I had to choose a cms-based system,
I'd choose drupal.   It is easy enough to customize and it has a huge
user community which is growing in education.   It also has the
plugins that would make a digital object repository work fairly
easily, almost rising to the ease of eprints.org.

'

\